Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The End of My Career

High School is over.
Scary thought isn't it?

And come to think of it, I have to say it's truly saddening to see that the class I have bonded with and has become so intertwined in my own life is now... being split apart.

Yes, many of my friends are going to the same college as I am, UD, but friends don't always remain friends in college.

I will miss the simple days of laughing at lunch, getting in trouble for stupid things, messing around in class, and, in general, just knowing my class so personal.  Being an athlete and in clubs, I am able to interact with kids from all phases, not just my own, and I will have to admit I have met some amazing people over the years.  Just so many different types of people that I admire and wish that I had a trait or two like theirs.  It is upsetting to think that many people that I have become friends with I will never see again, but at least I am glad to say I had an opportunity to meet them.

I just wish I became as close as I have these last few months with my friends a little sooner, yaknow?  Over these last few months, I have strengthened some already strong friendships and had some of the best nights and times I have ever had in my life.  I have really learned to love each and every one of my friends, but it is weird to say that things will never be the same.

I can't say I want to grow up just yet.  I'm sure many of us feel this way, but I truly mean it when I say I wish I could stay this age for a much longer time.  After realizing how important my friends are to me, I want to spend time with them before I move on to the next stage of my life.

College will undoubtedly be an amazing experience, and one that I can say I feel prepared for.  I understand it won't be easy becoming a computer science engineer, especially when my competition is kids like Chris Bubel.  However, technology is one of my callings and I strongly believe that I will be able to succeed if I sit down and apply myself, which is something I can safely say I expect myself to do.  I am excited to move on with my life, even though I am not quite done with this current chapter.

It's too bad time doesn't wait for you to be ready; Time just pushes you out the door and expects you to be prepared.  I mean, I guess I'm ready.  We'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment