Tuesday, May 21, 2013

AP Lit Exam

For the longest time, I wasn't sure what to think of this exam.

First, I heard how long it was.

Great...

Then, I heard how much writing it was...

Perfect...

Then... I took it.

I gotta say, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I actually understood all of the literary terms in the multiple choice for once.  That usually doesn't happen to me.  I found all of the excerpts and poems on the multiple easy to understand and interpret, although I usually interpret things a little differently than those who make the test.  I thought the multiple choice section flew by, and it really was not nearly as hard as I expected it to be.  There even was a poem that we read in class, how awesome is that?

Next up... the free response.  Gulp.

Wasn't looking forward to the two hours of writing I was about to do.  First essay?  Literary techniques of a poem, easy peasy.  Second essay?  Hard to interpret excerpt from a book, ouch.  Third essay?  Discuss a coming of age story from a book a literary merit?  Batta-bing batta-boom. Their Eyes Were Watching God, here I come. Pretty sure I nailed that essay, all thanks to all the work we did in class of course (Thanks Ms. Healey).  I could not have been happier with the first and third essays, however, I will admit that the second essay was pretty tough.  Not really sure what that passage was even referring to, and I'm not going to even try.

Surprisingly, well... not really, I think I did the best on this exam than the rest of my exams.  I completely bombed Calc and I thought I did decent on Physics, but let me tell you... I was impressed with how I think I did on Lit.

We'll have to see, though, let's hope I didn't jinx myself and get a 2, because that would be downright embarrassing.

All in all, I am really glad I chose to take the class, and I will miss all the funny and good times I had in Ms. Healey's class the last two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment